The hut is not far from the Marmolada glacier, near the chairlift that from Passo Fedaia reaches Pian dei Fiacconi.
Ideal starting point for those who want to ascend Marmolada via the standard route (North) or via the South route, by Forcella Marmolada.
Ideal basecamp for ski, mountaineering and ski mountaineering courses, for both beginners and experts.
Guido Trevisan: (+39)3281218738 or (+39)0462601412
You can taste
- spinach gnocchi (sort of dumplings)
- red gnocchi with cheese sauce
- polenta with roe deer
- polenta with stew
- polenta, sausages and mushrooms
- polenta, mushrooms and melted cheese
- Ricotta gnocchi and saffron
- Desserts, all made in house
- … and much more
Ski mountaineering winter course program
1. Beginners course (3 days — weekend):
- 1st day: offpiste descent technique in the morning; ascent technique with climbing skins in the afternoon.
- 2nd day: ski tour in order to improve the ascent and descent techniques. Hazard recognition and evaluation, transceiver search.
- 3rd day: ski tour to Punta Rocca. Notions on the use of compass and altimeter.
2. Intensive course (5 days)
- Same program as course 1 for the first three days.
- 4th and 5th day: other ski tours (different levels of
difficulty), so that the skiers will improve their capacity of
evaluating the hazards connected to the choice of the route.
One day tours with alpine guide from the Pian dei Fiacconi hut (2626 m.):
- to Punta Penia (3342 m., the highest peak of the Dolomites) via the Normal route and the Marmolada glacier.
- to Punta Penia via the North West side.
- to Forcella Serauta via the glacier, and descent via the Antermoia valley.
- to Punta Rocca (3309 m.) via the Normal route.
- to Forcella Marmolada and the Contrin valley.
the 606 path from Fedaia Pass (2050 m.) or taking the lift from Fedaia
Pass (from 8.15 to 16.00).
Offpiste skiing courses — Programs
Program 1 (1 day; 2 people at least):
- 8:30 meeting at the Passo Fedaia lift
- 9:00-12:00 descent technique in piste and offpiste
- 12:00-14:00 theory: transceiver search and route selection (lunch break at special price)
- 14:00-16:00 offpiste skiing technique
Program 2 (2 days; 2 people at least):
- 8.30 meeting at the Passo Fedaia lift
- 9.00-12.00 in piste and off piste descent technique
- 12.00-13.00 lunch break (special price)
- 13.00-16.00 offpiste descent technique
- in the evening: transceiver search, route selection, orienteering and first aid.
- 9:00-12:00 off piste skiing taking into consideration the theory lesson
- 12:00-13:00 lunch break
- 13:00-16:00 ski descent through a canyon and other difficult tours
Many destinations for snowshoeing:
- through the woods at the base of Marmolada, on the path that goes from Pian Trevisan to Passo Fedaia;
- to Punta Rocca via the glacier.
- to Forcella Serauta via the glacier.
- to Forcella Marmolada.